Monday, February 22, 2010

Thrift Shop Score!

I have done my clothes shopping for years at thrift shops, Goodwill, and consignment stores.  You can usually find really great items for $1-$5, depending on where you're shopping.  The thrift shop in the town I just moved to is located at the town's community center, run by the town's women's club, and all the proceeds go back to the town in the form of scholarships and donations to local libraries, charities, etc. 

I went a couple of weeks ago to get some 3T clothes for Gavin and they were having a great sale.  You could fill a brown paper shopping bag for $10.  I filled a bag and also got a nice wool coat that was $8 marked 1/2 off for $4.  Not bad for $14, right?  Well today I went in to look for clothes for my husband and I, and they were having another sale....

We have too many clothes!
1 bag=$8
2 bags=$12
3 bags=$14
4 bags=$15

I couldn't believe my eyes!  I was determined to fill 4 bags, and I did it.  I rolled everything super tight and filled every bit of the 4 bags to the brim.  They told me I got the most into 4 bags that they had seen...LOL!  Here is how I did:
  • 15 women's shirts
  • 6 men's shirts
  • 11 kids' shirts
  • 7 pairs of women's pants/jeans
  • 1 pair of men's pants 
  • 3 pairs of kids pants
  • 7 sets of kids PJ's
  • 2 sets of women's PJ's
  • 4 maternity pants (for my best friend)
  • 1 maternity shirt (for my best friend)
  • 3 belts
  • 2 pairs of kid's sneakers
  • 2 pairs of kid's sandals
That comes out to $0.23 each!!!  That just made my day....that and the fact that my husband watched the kids for me while I was shopping.  I got to relax and get bargains at the same time.  Does it get any better than this?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment